What are playable ads?
Playable ads are a type of social media advertising that allows users to interact with an ad for a short period of time, typically 10-30 seconds. The goal of playable ads is to give users a brief taste of what they would experience if they downloaded and played the advertised game. Playable ads are used to promote mobile games and are typically served through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
How do playable ads work?
Playable ads are served to users through social media platforms. When a user sees a playable ad, they can choose to interact with it for a short period of time. The goal of playable ads is to give users a brief taste of what they would experience if they downloaded and played the advertised game. Playable ads are typically 10-30 seconds long and are served through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
The benefits of using playable ads
Playable ads offer a number of benefits for advertisers, including:
- Allowing users to try before they buy: Playable ads give users a brief taste of what they would experience if they downloaded and played the advertised game. This allows users to make an informed decision about whether or not they want to download the game.
- Increasing brand awareness and reach: Playable ads increase brand awareness by putting the advertised game in front of potential customers who may not have otherwise been exposed to it.
- Generating leads: Playable ads can be used to generate leads for advertisers. When a user interacts with a playable ad, they are typically required to enter their contact information before they can play the game. This allows advertisers to collect leads and follow up with potential customers at a later date.
The drawbacks of using playable ads
Playable ads also have a number of drawbacks, including:
- The risk of annoying users: If a playable ad is not well-designed or is too long, it runs the risk of annoying users and causing them to have a negative association with the advertised game.
- The need for high-quality graphics: In order for playable ads to be effective, they need to have high-quality graphics that accurately represent the game. This can be costly and time-consuming for advertisers to produce.
- The risk of users not completing the ad: There is a risk that users will not complete the playable ad, which means that they will not get the full experience of the game. This can be frustrating for users and may cause them to have a negative association with the game.
How to create a playable ad
There are a few things to keep in mind when creating a playable ad, including:
- The length of the ad: Playable ads should be 10-30 seconds long. Any longer and you run the risk of annoying users; any shorter and you may not give users enough time to get a sense of the game.
- The quality of the graphics: The graphics in a playable ad should be high quality and accurately represent the game. This will help to ensure that users have a positive experience with the ad.
- The call to action: The call to action in a playable ad should be clear and concise. It should be easy for users to understand what they need to do in order to play the game.
Best practices for using playable ads
There are a few best practices to keep in mind when using playable ads, including:
- Test the ad before you launch it: Make sure to test the ad before you launch it to ensure that it is working properly. This will help to avoid any negative associations with the game.
- Monitor the ad after launch: Once the ad is live, monitor it closely to see how users are interacting with it. This will help you to make changes if necessary.
- Be prepared to make changes: Be prepared to make changes to the ad based on user feedback. This will help to ensure that users have a positive experience with the ad.