MarketerHire’s mission is to make expert marketing accessible to everyone. Our platform gives companies on-demand access to a global network of amazing, pre-vetted marketing talent and it is used by early-stage startups, billion-dollar unicorns, and Fortune 100 companies alike. By giving all companies access to amazing marketers - entrepreneurs and enterprises can focus on building great products.
We are also contributing to the future of work for our talented marketers. Our platform helps them earn significant additional income while maintaining their full-time job or taking a lot of the hassle and risk out of being full-time freelance. All of our jobs are also default-remote, enabling our talent to work anywhere in the world.
At MarketerHire, we’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
As the Technology Lead at MarketerHire, you will be required to function and act as both a business and technology expert. Strong business acumen, an understanding of the latest low-code technology trends and innovations, and a mind for strategic thinking will all be essential to fit this role. You must determine day-to-day operations of the technology team, delegate roles and responsibilities to meet deadlines, introduce new tech platforms when necessary, and ensure that tech teams and technology systems/infrastructure are in-line with the company’s greater business strategy.
You will be able to deliver efficient solutions using low-code: analyze our platform, systems, and workflow processes and come up with solutions that will improve efficiency, cut costs and reduce risk. You will be leading our tech team in maintaining, building, and conceptualizing customer facing portals and internal automations and workflows. You will become an expert in our full technology stack, and will continually provide mission-critical support to non-technical team members.
You must have an intense attention to detail, world-class organizational skills, and the ability to communicate / document effectively. You will need an analytical mindset and be able to problem-solve on the fly, and under pressure. Lastly, and most importantly you’ll need to have experience working remotely with large distributed teams across the gamut of US time zones.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership position at a rapidly growing startup, with proven experience in technical strategy at scale.
- An in-depth knowledge of the various approaches to software development, along with the benefits and pitfalls of each.
- Proven experience defining and implementing agile software development best practices at scale.
- Must be an expert in low-code technology, with expertise in HubSpot, AirTable, Segment, Zapier, and Webflow.
- Must have experience scaling a hyper-growth startup tech stack from early stage to maturity.
- Previous experience managing a technical team.
- Excellent written and oral skills and an exceptional ability to communicate technical strategy both individually and with executive leadership.
- You must always be a world-class individual contributor to succeed at MarketerHire. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
- Manage development of customer facing portals (client/freelancer) and internal business tools.
- Work closely with the department heads to establish and communicate MarketerHire’s technical strategy and technical/product roadmaps, providing alignment both within the technical team and within the company at large about the future of our technology.
- You will be able to build technology like a software engineer, but faster and smarter using productivity tools.
- You will coordinate and execute testing, in concert with stakeholders to ensure successful implementation and maintain thorough documentation.
- Continually stay informed and knowledgeable about our technical stack, including our current core components, and future additions.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and maintain our tech stack as problems are brought to the tech team’s attention.
- You will oversee system infrastructure in ensuring efficiency and performance across and between all systems.
- You will build a strong, meritocratic engineering culture based on technical excellence and relentless drive to meet business goals.
In the first month you will:
- Hold deep-dive sessions with the team to understand the company’s existing technical roadmap and strategy in granular detail.
- Learn MarketerHire’s tech stack and develop a deep understanding of the state of MarketerHire’s technology across our product.
- Work with the department heads to create a technical roadmap and strategy.
- Define and communicate the technical roadmap and strategy to the entire MarketerHire organization, ensuring that everyone within both engineering and operations understands your strategy and logic.
- Work with the department heads to establish clear processes for establishing agile operations and minimizing future technical debt.
- Define and update Quarterly OKRs for the Tech team.
- Define/refine KPIs as measures of technical quality and team success.
In the first three months you will:
- Become deeply familiar with MarketerHire’s tech stack and existing technical challenges.
- Establish comprehensive, impact-oriented strategies to improve MarketerHire’s technical efficiency.
- Work with our engineer and technical leaders to define and implement solutions according to the company’s technical roadmap, following agile best practices.
- Mentor the tech team to significantly uplevel the skill level and strategic approach of your team.
- Work with the team as both a leader and individual contributor, focusing on the most difficult technical challenges in the business.
- Think strategically about which technical challenges the business will face in the future as it remains in hypergrowth, as you continue to gain experience in our business and tech stack.
- Consistently communicate your technical strategy and roadmap to the team as it continues to evolve.
In the first six months you will have:
- Established yourself as the organization's leading authority on the state of technology across the entire company, including current efforts, past challenges, and where the technical team is headed in the future.
- Created a plan to ensure that MarketerHire maintains its technical edge as we continue to scale.
- Advanced the technical and product roadmaps and scaled your team to meet the increasing needs of our business.
- Created a culture where each member of your team understands the impact their work has and knows that the time and energy they input into their work is exceeded by the results they achieve.