Lifecycle Marketing Manager
MarketerHire’s mission is to make expert marketing accessible to everyone. Our platform gives companies on-demand access to a global network of amazing, pre-vetted marketing talent and it is used by early-stage startups, billion-dollar unicorns, and Fortune 100 companies alike. By giving all companies access to amazing marketers - entrepreneurs and enterprises can focus on building great products.
We are also contributing to the future of work for our talented marketers. Our platform helps them earn significant additional income while maintaining their full-time job or taking a lot of the hassle and risk out of being a full-time freelancer. All of our jobs are also default-remote, enabling our talent to work anywhere in the world.
We’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
We’re looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to join the Marketing Team at MarketerHire. Lifecycle marketing is a key pillar of our marketing strategy as we engage both businesses and freelancers (both sides of our marketplace) to join our network, educate them about the future of marketing hiring and remote work, and help build a platform for easy access to high-quality marketing for all. This role is an opportunity to take this marketing program from zero to one, drive the strategy, development and execution of our lifecycle efforts, and deliver measurable business impact.
In this role, you will be responsible for building the MarketerHire lifecycle marketing program across both sides of our marketplace, including launching email segments, managing our contact database and list hygiene, writing email copy and launching campaigns and programs, tracking and reporting on campaign metrics, A/B testing emails, send times, headlines and more.
You will work side by side with the Director of Marketing, Director of Paid, a Senior Editor, a Managing Editor, an SEO contractor, and several freelance graphic designers. This role may also be asked to contribute to email deliverability questions and SMS marketing, though we have an email deliverability consultant on-boarded for more technical needs.
To excel at this position, you must be capable of excelling in a fast-paced environment, and have an ear to the ground for the most important email and SMS marketing trends and topics. We are growing quickly via high word-of-mouth referral and customer satisfaction. We have tested a variety of acquisition strategies and almost all look promising. The marketing team must now execute well and optimize.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- This role reports to the Director Marketing.
- Drive the strategy, development and execution of our lifecycle marketing efforts across email and SMS messages to deliver measurable business impact
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, product, design and data teams to lead lifecycle and sales enablement projects
- Develop content that is engaging and valuable to both clients and freelancers that leverages personalized data, design and high quality writing
- Assist with sales enablement to empower the sales team with easy-to-send case studies, presentations, and marketing assets
- Analyze the results of all campaigns and flows while finding opportunities to improve and optimize the performance going forward
- Work with data, product, and engineering teams to define any new requirements to ensure the right data are available for relevant, personalized, and real-time campaigns
- Communicate program results to the marketing team and company more broadly, publish program dashboards, and measure the downstream impact of campaigns in terms of pipeline and revenue generated
- Ideate campaigns to optimize the funnel and improve retention.
- 3+ years of email marketing or content marketing experience at high growth companies
- Deep experience journey mapping and developing lifecycle marketing programs for B2B brands
- Ability to write for specific email and SMS audiences with clear CTAs to inspire action and move leads through lifecycle stages
- Extensive experience working with different CRM tools (Bonus for deep experience with Hubspot)
- Track record in developing and executing A/B tests, analyzing and translating data into business and consumer insights and sharing them across the company
- Familiarity with the technical, regulatory and product side of marketing (IP reputation/deliverability, Suppression lists, audience segmentation, CANSPAM, GDPR)
- Strong analytic skills and experience working with email and data
- A love for email and SMS marketing, with the ability to keep your finger on the pulse of email and SMS trends, tactics, and ideas, and determine which would make sense to test with our audiences
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear and intuitive language
- Customer focus, with a deep understanding of the product offering
- Growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement
- Positive, can-do attitude and hustle to make a big impact in a resource-constrained environment.
- Interest in tech, marketing, and the future of work.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Prior startup experience preferred.
- Unlimited and flexible time off
- $500 in-home office reimbursement
First 30 Days
- On-board to the MarketerHire team, digest internal information, learn about the market and both sides of our marketplace.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to identify top email marketing and lifecycle marketing KPIs, and their priorities so you can start contributing to company growth within the first 60 days.
- Perform a full email audit to understand our baselines, tools we use, and develop an action plan.
First 60 Days
- Begin executing the audit action plan to hit KPIs.
- Develop a lifecycle marketing process map to visualize our nurture streams across the organization.
- Develop a standardized email nurture stream and campaign reporting process for the larger organization.
- Work cross-departmentally to understand top email needs across sales and talent, and begin prioritize net new flows and campaigns to hit goals.
First 90 Days
- Begin executing on net new flows and campaigns.
- Develop a lifecycle marketing in-take form or creative brief for teams needing email support.
- Develop an SMS marketing plan, and help implement it across the organization to improve the lifecycle marketing funnel.
- Fully own all lifecycle (email and SMS) marketing for the organization.