MarketerHire’s mission is to make expert marketing accessible to all. Our platform gives companies on-demand access to a global network of expert, pre-vetted marketing talent and is used by early-stage startups, billion-dollar unicorns, and Fortune 100 companies alike.
We also contribute to the future of work, helping our marketers earn significant additional income while eliminating the hassle and risk from freelancing full-time. By default, all of our engagements are also remote, enabling our talent to work anywhere in the world.
At MarketerHire, we’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Celebrating writing and documentation is a core pillar of how we work. As the Documentation Manager, you will lead our documentation efforts working directly with the Chief of Staff, department heads, and other stakeholders to develop a documentation strategy and roadmap. You will create, store, and structure our documentation, identifying the types of documents to be created, generating templates, and owning documentation across our verticals.
You will be responsible for making sure the correct team members have access to the correct documentation and organize it utilizing Guru, Google Docs, Asana, Slack, and more.
You're an excellent match if you have strong documentation skills, have managed end-to-end creation of documentation (both internally and externally facing), are a self-directed problem solver, and an excellent communicator.
This is a remote position that will report to the Chief of Staff.
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing.
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong voice and sharp eye for structure, along with the subject-matter knowledge required for credibility.
- Experience creating content for a wide variety of audiences.
- Skilled in technical writing methodologies.
- Experience documenting technical and non-technical systems, processes, and workflows for both internal and external audiences.
- Experience in organizational content planning, development, and delivery in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Track record of improving existing styles, processes, and teams.
- Proactive, self-starter, comfortable navigating ambiguous situations.
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and development skills.
- Record of building relationships with stakeholders to support successful content outcomes, including product management, sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Own and execute the documentation strategy and roadmap including driving project plans and delivering best-in-class documentation.
- Create high-quality internal and external end-user content including process documentation, onboarding materials, policies and procedures, user guides, technical documentation, and additional internal documentation including presentations and reports as needed.
- Edit, revise, and consistently maintain documentation, ensuring our documentation is up-to-date as the product continues to evolve.
- Own and manage internal documentation architecture inside our knowledge base and Google Docs.
- Engage with stakeholders to learn how we can improve their documentation experience.
- Create and maintain documentation templates.
- Create product documentation for current and future product updates.
- Understand requirements and build strong relationships working collaboratively with leadership, department heads, and additional stakeholders across the organization to ensure that all content developed is in accordance with best practices.
- Learn the business, product, and company operations in detail in order to identify the best opportunities and anticipate upcoming documentation needs.
- Proactively respond to and seek documentation feedback from internal and external customers.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into MarketerHire.
- Learn MarketerHire’s business model, mission, and vision.
- Become acquainted with the cross-functional teams you will be working with to create documentation.
- Familiarize yourself with our existing documentation, workflows, and tools.
In the first month you will:
- Develop a strategy and roadmap to create and update our existing documentation and begin executing on it.
- Create and update documentation templates and best practices to be used company-wide.
- Audit the documentation and structure of our knowledge base and create a plan to update and maintain it.
In the first three months you will:
- Understand the core systems and processes for one or more verticals and thoroughly document them.
- Continue executing on the documentation strategy and roadmap.
- Have a demonstrated expertise in one or more of our verticals and understand how our clients and talent interact with them.
- Have a reputation for writing trusted material and have built a strong working relationship with stakeholders to draft, review, and publish content.
- Have evaluated one or more documentation sets, implement organizational and structural changes, and taken ownership of the process of peer and technical reviews of your content.