Customer Success Manager
MarketerHire’s mission is to make expert marketing accessible to all. Our platform gives companies on-demand access to a global network of expert, pre-vetted marketing talent and is used by early-stage startups, billion-dollar unicorns, and Fortune 100 companies alike.
We also contribute to the future of work, helping our marketers earn significant additional income while eliminating the hassle and risk from freelancing full-time. By default, all of our engagements are also remote, enabling our talent to work anywhere in the world.
At MarketerHire, we’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Customer Success Managers work with existing MarketerHire clients to build upon their relationships, understand their needs, and capitalize on new opportunities that may arise. Assist our clients in building amazing teams with MarketerHire’s best-in-class talent while growing your skills and developing your career!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The success of every client is measured by the performance of many teams working together. The person in this position will be key to the execution of client account plans; doing so in collaboration with our Sales & Talent teams. You will be the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients, managing delivery, operations, and teams with a focus on mutually-beneficial, long-term relationships that establish MarketerHire as a trusted talent partner. In addition to expanding relationships, you will also assist with onboarding new clients, proactively resolving issues and disputes, and client off-boarding.
- Experienced. 1-3+ years of experience employing proven methodologies in account management, customer success, and relationship-building with SMBs and hyper-growth companies. Bonus points for experience working as an Account Manager at a fast-paced marketing agency.
- Knowledgeable. Broad understanding of business and marketing challenges encountered by SMBs and rapidly scaling companies.
- Critical thinking. The capability to critically think through the challenges clients face to build opportunities to grow those accounts.
- Client Focus and Personable. This person should be driven to build positive relationships and be committed to their client’s success. This extends to the talent we provide, the experience we offer, and the outcomes we deliver.
- Motivated. Be highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- Resourceful. Think about a portfolio as a business -- we want self-starters who are passionate about building this portfolio of accounts, and who flourish with the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business.
- Proactive. Understand our mission and do the work required to drive us to that goal, without being told. Our Customer Success Managers are not here to be reactive.
- Communication. Communication is the mainstay of relationships both internal and external to MarketerHire. Reflect excellent communication in all forms, across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies.
- Team. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Success at MarketerHire is determined by being able to work as a team both within MarketerHire and within client accounts.
- Ownership. Exhibit ownership of accounts, successes, and failures.
- Problem Solver. We are a distributed company so life throws in minor challenges beyond the primary problems this person is meant to tackle. We are looking for someone who can take those in stride and persist despite setbacks.
- Priorities. Understand the priorities and timelines associated with each client, and to execute appropriately with those in mind.
In the first week, you will:
- Onboard and integrate into MarketerHire.
- Learn MarketerHire’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Begin our 1-1 sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with cross-functional teams to grow client relationships.
In the first month, you will:
- Complete our personalized sales training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Begin MarketerHire’s vertical-specific training, getting familiar with the full range of offerings we make available to our clients.
- Begin to have calls with clients, understand the business partners involved in the relationship on both sides, and identify where we can help partner companies grow.
In the first three months, you will:
- Complete all vertical-specific training.
- Complete introductory calls with the client base and establish or update account plans for each.
- Establish a working cadence with key clients, business partners, and team members in these accounts.
- Begin to uncover new opportunities with clients that result in revenue-generating engagements for MarketerHire.
- Provide delivery oversight for all work on managed accounts, ensure customer happiness, and support the talent working with these customers.
In the first six months, you will:
- Build upon existing client relationships, expand MarketerHire’s partnership with existing accounts, and execute account plans.
- Expand the scope of engagements at all accounts to incorporate new verticals and new projects.
- Establish a strong history of increased business across this set of accounts.
In the first year, you will:
- Have built an incredible client account portfolio, with a shown history of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and happy team members.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about MarketerHire, our model and how proper account management practices can improve relationships and increase revenue.
- Continue to expand an account portfolio, accelerate growth in current accounts, and utilize the full suite of capabilities MarketerHire has to offer.